Welcome to the industry news section.
This section features the latest news feeds from the digital cinematography, television production, and related technology industries.
Andrew Gupta is in no way affiliated with any of the news feeds and/or web sites listed below, and does not endorse any of the content listed herein in any way. Rather, these feeds are a portion of the online industry news he reads with his first cup of coffee in the morning.
BROADCAST CABLE TECHNOLOGY
- Telestream Announces 25GE Network Support for PRISM Media Processing Platform
- Network Spotlight: A Deep Dive Into Advertising and Viewership Trends for Fox
- NBCU to Premiere ‘All Access’ on NBC Owned Stations in 6 Markets This Fall
- Marci Ryvicker, Wolfe Research, to Keynote Media Outlook 2020
- Harmonic Brings Real-World OTT and Broadcast Success to IBC2019
- SPT Preps ‘Mel Robbins’ for Sept. 16 Debut
- Season Three of ‘Goliath’ on Amazon October 4
- TV5MONDE USA and Cox Communications Significantly Expand Distribution Relationship Across America
- 5 Factors Disrupting the Media Buying Landscape
- Communications Companies Pledge to Help AG’s Tackle Robocalls
- Report: Nikon is only producing 1,000 units of its 500mm F5.6 lens each month
- Viltrox APS-C lenses for Fujifilm, Sony and Leica detailed ahead of launch
- Video: This rare projector lens has been deemed the ‘Swirly Bokeh Emperor’
- Tamron teases four new lenses for Sony E mount cameras
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII Review
- X-Rite’s i1Photo Pro 3 Plus profiler can calibrate for difficult surfaces, brighter displays
- Moment launches 37mm Cine filters and mount for use with smartphone cameras
- Instagram says viral meme about new content ‘rule’ is a hoax
- ON1 announces upcoming Photo RAW 2020 update, two mobile apps and ON1 Sync
- Sony FE 35mm F1.8 Review
- Nesting To The Rescue
- Seismic Rumblings In Video Production
- Making A Difference With Difference Blending
- The Camera Game 2019
- Blackmagic Design: It’s All About Infrastructure
- The Client Age Of Enlightenment?
- Hands On With The BenQ PD2720U
- Never Say Cut? Part 4
- Never Say Cut? Part 3
- Never Say Cut? Part 2
- SCREENWRITING: NAVIGATING PRODUCERS
- Free Music From Musicbed
- Let’s Get Together Chicago SIC MEETUP Q & A with Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Join us for great sessions, giveaways, raffle prizes and more!
- Cineo Special Sale
- 5DayDeal Bundle Launches Soon! (Seriously.)
- Win $30,000 Towards Your Short Film
- SIC Preview: SIC Podcast: Ep. 44 – Mastering Your Craft
- SIC Preview: DIT Series: DIT Cart
- Go the Distance with Teradek’s Bolt 10K
- BMPCC 6K Review & Footage – Five Reasons to Like the Pocket 6K
- 100,000+ Subscribers! YouTube Silver Creator Award Unboxing
- Anamorphic Shooting – Is There an Ideal Sensor Size?
- This Week’s Top Deals for Filmmakers – Sony, Apple, FUJIFILM, Atomos and More
- Z CAM E2 Cameras Firmware Update with ZRAW Capabilities
- Cartoni RED LOCK Tripod Announced – Lightweight Camera Support
- Z CAM E2 Cinema Camera in the Wild – Hands-on Review
- Real-Time In-Camera VFX Could Be the Green Screen Future
- Pinnacle Studio 23 Update For Prosumers Editors
- BMPCC 6K vs. BMPCC 4K – Which one is for you?
- 4 Great Directing Tips You Can Learn From ‘No Country For Old Men’
- DJI Drones Are Sold Out, but Are New Ones Coming?
- Why You Should Stop Writing Query Letters
- 5 Things You Need to Start Vlogging
- Nikon Wants to Give You $45,000 and a New Camera
- Sony Vs. Disney, Apple Vs. Red, The Office Vs. The Office
- What’s the Best Overhead iPhone Camera Setup?
- Create a Looping GIF and Win Over $4,500 in Video Prizes
- How Scorsese’s SnorriCam Shot Can Help Sell Your Characters
- What’s New on Netflix: September 2019
- From “The Music Bed”, a film & music magazine of exceptional beauty and it’s called… “Film + Music”!
- Video review & living with the Sony PXW-FS7
- EDIT! One month left to enter! The epic “My Rode Reel” film competition returns for 2015 and it’s bigger and better than ever!
- Rhyolite Ghost Town – flying and filming with the new Phantom P3
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Making a documentary about my dad
- Huge devastation in Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam hits
- The Wonder List: Behind The Shot first 6 BTS episodes
- My film “Koh Yao Noi” wins best travel/ landscape film at the 1st NYC Drone Film Festival. See all winners here!
DSLR VIDEO SHOOTER
- How to Make an Overhead Camera Rig for Video
- Taxes, Accounting and 15% Off the Corporate Video Guide
- Around The Studio #5: More Hacks and a New Channel?
- RodeLink Wireless Filmmakers Kit Review
- Around the Studio #4: GH4 Mod Update and Breaking Monopods!
- Managing Video Production Files
- Save 10% Off All Guides – Happy Saint Patrick’s!
- Lenses and Adapters I Use for Video Production
- My Video Compression Workflow (FCPX + Compressor)
- 3 Affordable Lenses for Video Under $80
- Westworld and The Walking Dead: VR experiences take you inside the TV series
- ART OF THE CUT with Kevin Tent, ACE on editing “Peanut Butter Falcon”
- ON1 Video 2020: a video editor explicitly designed for photographers
- Fujifilm UA107X8.4 AF (Advanced Focus) Box Lens Announced
- The Art of the Cut Podcast Eps. 9 (w/ True Detective Editor Leo Trombetta)
- Cartoni to debut new professional tripod solutions at IBC 2019
- After Effects Classic Course: Solid Composite
- Blackmagic RAW Speed Test benchmark tool: how fast is your Mac?
- Are you coming to the Inspire Media Conference?
- Big South Conference uses 36 JVC ProHD GY-HM850 packages for streaming sports
- Incredible Paris Opening Titles!
- Title Sequence for London Show!
- Bold Type Project!
- New Tutorial: CROSSFIRE! + Video Copilot LIVE! Europe Tour!
- Procedural Destruction!
- New Tutorial & ORB Plug-in Now Available!
- ORB Release Date!
- New Plug-in Trailer: ORB!
- FX Console Updated to V1.0.3
- New Tutorial! Damage and Decay FX! No Plug-ins!
- Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6
- Tamron teases four new mirrorless lenses, likely not for RF
- Firmware: Canon EOS RP v1.3.0
- Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?
- Canon EOS 90D full specifications
- Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications
- Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked
- Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked
- Review: Tamron 35mm f/1.4 Di USD
- All is quiet regarding the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II
- Canon will announce the EOS-M6II on August 26 and Sony the A6200 and A6700 on August 29!
- Viltrox announced three new lenses for Sony E, Canon M and Fuji X mount cameras
- Atomos will display a new 4K video camera with 240fps on September 10
- Full Canon EOS M6 Mark II spec sheet and brochure leaked!
- Leaked promo video of the new Canon EOS M6 Mark II
- Fuji will announce two new cameras soon: The X-Pro3 and the ???
- New patent discloses the design of a professional Nikon Z9 camera with built-in grip
- BMPCC 6K My First Footage & Impressions by Dave Maze
- This is the leaked new Instax360GO
- Leaked images of the new GoPro MAX camera
- Sony Introduces High-resolution Alpha 7R IV Camera with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor
- Sony Introduces World’s Smallest & Lightest Premium Compact Camera- RX0 II
- Olympus Announces Weather-Resistant FL-700WR flash
- Olympus Introduces the OM-D E-M1X Professional Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Sony Introduces the World’s Toughest and Fastest SD Card
- Nikon Unveils New Z Series Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- Breathtaking “Love Letter to the Night Sky” Film Release Coincides with International Dark-Sky Week
- New Tokina FíRIN 20mm F2 FE AF
- ProGrade Digital Launches New Line of Professional-Quality Memory Cards and Readers
- Tiffen Introduces the Steadicam Air Gas Lift Activated Monopod
- Here’s the first in-depth review of Blackmagic’s Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- You know what? Windows is a good operating system
- When someone says ‘it’ll never work’ it often means that it will
- Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody’s sorry to see them go
- Make sure you don’t miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2019!
- Atomos Shogun 7 – Is this the best on-camera monitor-recorder you can buy?
- Video over IP is the last standard you’ll ever need [sponsored]
- Laptops with Intel’s 10nm Ice Lake will be shipping soon
- This is why you might never see your favourite TV shows remastered
- LTO-8 tapes will be available again. But is it too little, too late?