Welcome to the industry news section.
This section features the latest news feeds from the digital cinematography, television production, and related technology industries.
Andrew Gupta is in no way affiliated with any of the news feeds and/or web sites listed below, and does not endorse any of the content listed herein in any way. Rather, these feeds are a portion of the online industry news he reads with his first cup of coffee in the morning.
BROADCAST CABLE TECHNOLOGY
- Second Spectrum and L.A. Clippers Select AWS as Official Cloud and Machine Learning Provider of Clippers CourtVision
- Black Box Radian Flex Software-Based Video Wall Platform Earns ISE Best of Show Award
- Cox Sells Broadcast Group To Apollo Global Management
- FCC’s O’Rielly Names Chief of Staff
- Primetime Ratings: ABC, CBS Tie on Weak Night
- POTUS: Fox News Does Not Set His Agenda
- Graham Seeks DOJ Meeting Before Decision on ASCAP/BMI Consent Decrees
- Sessions Seeks DOJ Meeting Before Decision on ASCAP/BMI Consent Decrees
- Dorrego Named Fox Corp. Chief Investor Relations Officer, Nelson is Fox Stations CFO
- NIPPON TV ACQUIRES THE RIGHTS TO AIR THE SOUTH KOREAN REMAKE OF “MOTHER” IN JAPAN
- Sigma has done more for enthusiast APS-C than Nikon, Canon and Sony combined
- Slideshow: International Garden Photographer of the Year Winners
- Kosmo Foto launches Mono 120 black-and-white film, now available for pre-order
- This website uses AI to generate portraits of people who don’t actually exist
- The Atomos Shinobi is a light, bright 5″ 1920×1080 HDMI monitor for $399
- Video: first impressions of the Canon EOS RP
- Live Q&A with DPReview editors about the Canon EOS RP
- NASA Curiosity rover captures 360 panorama from its Vera Rubin Ridge ‘Rock Hall’ drill site
- Xiaomi teases Mi 9 product images and camera samples
- Canon EOS RP shooting experience: better than the specs suggest
- CES 2019, Part 3
- To Gimbal Or Not To Gimbal, That Is The Question
- CES 2019, Part 2
- Real Production Is Still Big And Heavy!
- CES 2019, Part 1
- Is Green Screen Creative Or A Cop-Out?
- Sundance 2019: Power of Story—Pushing Boundaries
- Sundance 2019: It’s a Wrap—Top Prizes at Sundance go to “Clemency” and “One Child Nation”
- Sundance 2019: “Knock Down the House”
- Sundance 2019: “Memory—The Origins of Alien”
- 5 RULES FOR YOUR DOCUMENTARY
- Free Music From Musicbed
- DaVinci Resolve Quick Tips: Best Plugins to Use with Fairlight
- SCREENWRITING: WORKING WITH DIRECTORS
- Scenes That Left A Mark – Part 2: HV Senior Editor Dylan Leong
- Killing Them With Kindness
- Silence is Golden – Remembering Buster Keaton
- Scenes That Left A Mark – Part 1: Shane
- Teamwork Makes The Dream Work
- The Real Tropic Thunder: On Set Of The Deer Hunter
- Wooden Camera Zip Box Pro – Tiny Mattebox Now Shipping
- Atomos Shinobi – Well Priced Ninja V Without Recorder
- Panasonic LUMIX S1 – Closer Look and Sample Footage – A New Lowlight King?
- New FUJIFILM X-T30 Released – The X-T3’s Little Brother is Here
- Canon EOS RP Released – A Few Less Features for Way Less Money
- This Week’s Top 10 Deals for Filmmakers – Panasonic GX85, Tripod, Gimbals, SSD and More
- Shoot a Film on Your Phone – Your Talent is Worth $100K in Prizes
- FUJIFILM X Summit: GFX Medium Format Camera Presented, New X-T3 Firmware Update
- Zylight F8 200 Field Review – A Stellar High-Output LED Fresnel
- Talent Feature – The Unbelievable Story of Malcolm Brabant
- The Academy Admits Its Mistake and will Air All 24 Categories at Upcoming Oscars
- Famous Movies that Even More Famous Actors Have Never Seen
- The ASC Blasts Academy’s Decision to Not Air Cinematography Oscar
- David Lynch’s ‘Blue Velvet’ is Headed to the Criterion Collection
- Wooden Camera’s New $399 Zip Box Pro is an Affordable and Functional Matte box
- ‘The Movie Gets Made in the Edit’: Director Meredith Danluck on ‘State Like Sleep’
- Introducing a 5″ Atomos Monitor Retailing for $399
- Academy President Clarifies Decision to Not Air Cinematography and Editing Awards
- How to Write a TV Pilot: Free Drama Pilot Seminar (Week Five)
- Oscar Nominee J.C. Chandor Returns with Trailer for ‘Triple Frontier’
- From “The Music Bed”, a film & music magazine of exceptional beauty and it’s called… “Film + Music”!
- Video review & living with the Sony PXW-FS7
- EDIT! One month left to enter! The epic “My Rode Reel” film competition returns for 2015 and it’s bigger and better than ever!
- Rhyolite Ghost Town – flying and filming with the new Phantom P3
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Making a documentary about my dad
- Huge devastation in Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam hits
- The Wonder List: Behind The Shot first 6 BTS episodes
- My film “Koh Yao Noi” wins best travel/ landscape film at the 1st NYC Drone Film Festival. See all winners here!
DSLR VIDEO SHOOTER
- How to Make an Overhead Camera Rig for Video
- Taxes, Accounting and 15% Off the Corporate Video Guide
- Around The Studio #5: More Hacks and a New Channel?
- RodeLink Wireless Filmmakers Kit Review
- Around the Studio #4: GH4 Mod Update and Breaking Monopods!
- Managing Video Production Files
- Save 10% Off All Guides – Happy Saint Patrick’s!
- Lenses and Adapters I Use for Video Production
- My Video Compression Workflow (FCPX + Compressor)
- 3 Affordable Lenses for Video Under $80
- ART OF THE CUT with Naomi Geraghty, editor of “The Upside”
- The new Sigma 28mm T1.5 Full-Frame Cine Lens will be available in March
- Cinema 4D MoGraph toolset receives Technical Achievement Award
- FilmConvert: new profiles for Nikon Z6 mirrorless and iPhone XR and XS
- HitFilm Pro 12: FXhome rebuilds its video editing and VFX software
- RadioPublic answers my questions about Podsites
- Eve Cohen, DP on Ashe’ 68, a documentary in 360 VR
- Unleash Spreaker Studio’s hidden power
- Blackmagic Design Today Released DaVinci Resolve 15.2.4 update
- Leica M10-P ‘ASC 100 Edition’: the M for cinematographers and filmmakers
- Incredible Paris Opening Titles!
- Title Sequence for London Show!
- Bold Type Project!
- New Tutorial: CROSSFIRE! + Video Copilot LIVE! Europe Tour!
- Procedural Destruction!
- New Tutorial & ORB Plug-in Now Available!
- ORB Release Date!
- New Plug-in Trailer: ORB!
- FX Console Updated to V1.0.3
- New Tutorial! Damage and Decay FX! No Plug-ins!
- Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars out
- The manual for the Canon EOS RP is now available for your reading pleasure
- What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?
- Interview: Canon execs talks EOS RP with Imaging Resource
- Canon appears to have confirmed IBIS is on the roadmap
- FroKnowsPhoto: Hands-on with the Canon EOS RP
- Canon officially announces the development of 6 new RF mount lenses
- Canon officially announces the EOS RP
- Preorder: Canon EOS RP camera and kits
- Here are the full Canon EOS RP specifications
- First leaked Leica Q2 specs…
- Still one more announcement to come from Sony….
- Leaked Panasonic FZ1000 II and TZ95 cameras specs and images
- First youtubers (Mixed) Canon EOS-RP reactions
- Canon EOS-RP, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/2.8 and Fuji X-T30 officially announced
- Full leaked Canon EOS-R specs files
- First images of the production ready Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 Z lens
- New leaked images and specs ofthe Canon ESO-RP
- New images and info about the Fuji GFX100
- This is scary: New infograph shows how camera market collapsed 84% from 2010 to 2018
- Olympus Announces Weather-Resistant FL-700WR flash
- Olympus Introduces the OM-D E-M1X Professional Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Sony Introduces the World’s Toughest and Fastest SD Card
- Nikon Unveils New Z Series Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- Breathtaking “Love Letter to the Night Sky” Film Release Coincides with International Dark-Sky Week
- New Tokina FíRIN 20mm F2 FE AF
- ProGrade Digital Launches New Line of Professional-Quality Memory Cards and Readers
- Tiffen Introduces the Steadicam Air Gas Lift Activated Monopod
- Sony Develops a Back-Illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with Pixel-Parallel A/D Converter That Enables Global Shutter Function
- Autel Robotics Announced New Aircraft EVO at CES 2018 with 4k/60fps
- RED releases an essential video guide to black shade calibration
- Exclusive first review: Atomos’s new Shinobi HDR monitor is for 4K cameras and weighs less than 200g
- Nikon adds 12-bit RAW output to Z7 and Z6
- Fujifilm X-T30: Many of the best features of the X-T3 but without the price tag
- Don’t miss RedShark Connect in Burbank, LA, February 28, 6:30 – 9:30pm: Future technology for filmmakers today
- The Canon EOS RP – the smallest, lightest full-frame EOS yet
- Why is it so hard to replace JPEG?
- Cameras: it’s technology all the way
- Oscars relegates cinematography and editing to ad breaks
- Can you really make music from extreme sports sounds? These guys did, and the results are fantastic.