Welcome to the industry news section.
This section features the latest news feeds from the digital cinematography, television production, and related technology industries.
Andrew Gupta is in no way affiliated with any of the news feeds and/or web sites listed below, and does not endorse any of the content listed herein in any way. Rather, these feeds are a portion of the online industry news he reads with his first cup of coffee in the morning.
BROADCAST CABLE TECHNOLOGY
- James Holzhauer Breaks His Own Record for Total Cash Won in Single ‘Jeopardy!’ Game
- Boyle Named Senior VP For Production at Discovery
- Barr Schedules Thursday Mueller Report Press Conference
- Discovery Networks Dominate Beta’s Favorite Channels List
- HPA Awards Opens Call For Entries For Engineering Excellence Awards
- The CW Shares Summer Premieres
- WGA Sues Talent Agencies Over Packaging Fees
- USITT Double Mics Keynote Speaker with Confidence of CO2
- Magewell NDI® Converters Win TV Technology “Best of Show” Award at NAB 2019
- Netflix Grabs Mike Myers Comedy Series
- Drone footage shows the extent of damage from the Notre Dame Cathedral fire
- Fujifilm releases 3.0 firmware for X-T3, brings improved AF for both stills and video
- Mitakon Speedmaster 50mm F0.95 III lens launches with improved optics
- Shutterstock AR feature lets customers preview stock images as wall artwork
- Capturing volcanoes in Guatemala with the Nikon Z6
- Fujifilm X-T30 review
- Choosing a camera Part 2: is a bigger sensor better?
- 2019 Pulitzer Prize photography award winners announced for Breaking News, Feature Photography
- Huawei P30 Pro uses Sony image sensors and technology from Corephotonics
- ThinkTank launches PhotoCross 15 rugged backpack
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- NAB 2019: Five Trends for Filmmakers, Cinematographers And Creatives
- NAB 2019: Atomos Unveils Its Latest Monitor, Recorder And Switcher
- NAB 2019: Sharp Surprises With 8K Camera
- NAB 2019: ARRI Demos Its Powerful Stellar Lighting Mobile App
- NAB 2019: Blackmagic Showcases Updates For Both Software And Hardware
- NAB 2019: Canon Introduces New Cine Sumire Lenses
- NAB 2019: Zeiss Lenses Provide Consistent Quality And Versatility
- NAB 2019: Image Gallery
- NAB 2019: Sigma Displays Cine Lenses, L-Mount Glass And Adapters
- SCREENWRITING: NAVIGATING PRODUCERS
- Free Music From Musicbed
- Let’s Get Together Chicago SIC MEETUP Q & A with Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Join us for great sessions, giveaways, raffle prizes and more!
- Cineo Special Sale
- 5DayDeal Bundle Launches Soon! (Seriously.)
- Win $30,000 Towards Your Short Film
- SIC Preview: SIC Podcast: Ep. 44 – Mastering Your Craft
- SIC Preview: DIT Series: DIT Cart
- Go the Distance with Teradek’s Bolt 10K
- Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro G2 – Our NAB 2019 Interview
- Sony Introduces a B4 Mount for FS7 / FS7 II – Complete Your S35 ENG Kit
- Gudsen MOZA AirCross 2 Gimbal – First Look
- Sony FS7 / FS7 II Build-up Kit for ENG Use
- Velvet Light EVO – 2×1 Color Panel
- PortKeys EVF OEYE-3G – 1080P OLED – First Look
- Easyrig Flow Arm and Sony VENICE Extension Mount Announced
- JOBY GorillaPod 3K PRO Announced
- Zoom F6 Field Recorder Announced – Record in 32bit Without Even Setting Levels
- Bebob B-Mount Batteries – New Standard for ARRI Cameras
- Did George Lucas Direct Game of Thrones?
- Fujifilm MK Zooms go MFT, Blackmagic Fans Says “Yay!”
- Immersive Theater and Virtual Reality Collide in First Oculus Quest Experience ‘The Under’
- Uncovering The Process Behind Stranger Things’ Cinematography
- Writers Will Now Sue Their Agents for Breach of Duty
- Editing ‘E.T.’: Lessons on Creating Emotional Scenes from Carol Littleton
- How to Write a Noisy Logline for your Screenplay (Free Template)
- Learn About Quentin Tarantino’s Provocative Cinematic Formula
- 10 Lessons ‘The Office’ Can Teach Us about Screenwriting
- Notre-Dame Will Remain Immortalized Through the Power of Film
- From “The Music Bed”, a film & music magazine of exceptional beauty and it’s called… “Film + Music”!
- Video review & living with the Sony PXW-FS7
- EDIT! One month left to enter! The epic “My Rode Reel” film competition returns for 2015 and it’s bigger and better than ever!
- Rhyolite Ghost Town – flying and filming with the new Phantom P3
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Making a documentary about my dad
- Huge devastation in Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam hits
- The Wonder List: Behind The Shot first 6 BTS episodes
- My film “Koh Yao Noi” wins best travel/ landscape film at the 1st NYC Drone Film Festival. See all winners here!
DSLR VIDEO SHOOTER
- How to Make an Overhead Camera Rig for Video
- Taxes, Accounting and 15% Off the Corporate Video Guide
- Around The Studio #5: More Hacks and a New Channel?
- RodeLink Wireless Filmmakers Kit Review
- Around the Studio #4: GH4 Mod Update and Breaking Monopods!
- Managing Video Production Files
- Save 10% Off All Guides – Happy Saint Patrick’s!
- Lenses and Adapters I Use for Video Production
- My Video Compression Workflow (FCPX + Compressor)
- 3 Affordable Lenses for Video Under $80
- NAB 2019: Zacuto Shows Off Versatile Kameleon EVF
- Backup software maker Hedge acquires collaborative tool Postlab
- ASUS ProArt PA32UCX: a professional monitor with mini-LED backlighting
- BenQ launches CinePrime HT5550, its new true 4K UHD HDR Cinema projector
- New ftrack Review collaborative platform subscription costs 50% less
- NAB 2019: Nikon Talks New Mirrorless Cameras Z7 and Z6
- NAB 2019: Chatting with Adobe about their new releases
- NAB 2019: Nikon’s FTZ Mount Adapter Keeps Classic Lenses On Your Z7
- NAB 2019: Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95, The fastest lens in Nikon’s History
- Steadicam Steadimate-S camera stabilizer receives NAB Show Award
- Incredible Paris Opening Titles!
- Title Sequence for London Show!
- Bold Type Project!
- New Tutorial: CROSSFIRE! + Video Copilot LIVE! Europe Tour!
- Procedural Destruction!
- New Tutorial & ORB Plug-in Now Available!
- ORB Release Date!
- New Plug-in Trailer: ORB!
- FX Console Updated to V1.0.3
- New Tutorial! Damage and Decay FX! No Plug-ins!
- All new 24mp sensor coming to the next Canon ILC’s [CR1]
- Another mention of a 70+ megapixel EOS R camera
- Current unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies
- The Canon EOS M50 leads mirrorless camera sales in Japan for March 2019
- Patent: LED lights included with the pop-up flash on a DSLR
- Patent: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 with apodization filter
- New mid-level DSLR and EOS M5 Mark II the next ILC’s from Canon? [CR1]
- It looks like firmware v1.2.0 for the Canon EOS R will be released on April 18, 2019
- How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?
- EOS Magazine interviews Mike Burnhill of Canon Europe
- ZY Optics releases the Mitakon Speedmaster 50mm f/0.95 mark III, designed for Sony FE, Canon RF & Nikon Z cameras
- First direct confirmation of a new series of non “S” marked cheap Nikon Z-mount lenses
- Leaked image and specs of the new Fuji Instax mini LiPlay
- This fall Canon will likely announce the 75 Megapixel EOS-R High Resolution camera
- Olympus interview: No way they go Full Frame, E-M5III and new lenses coming this year…
- Today’s Amazon Gold Box deal rund on Sandisk SD cards and lot of WD storage
- Canon says yes…Full Frame R camera priced lower than the RP is possible!
- Ricoh GR III tested by DPreview TV
- Best & WORST repairs: Canon vs Nikon, Sony, Fuji & Olympus
- Fuji says “You will be amazed by the image quality of GFX100 coupled with GF lenses”
- Sony Introduces World’s Smallest & Lightest Premium Compact Camera- RX0 II
- Olympus Announces Weather-Resistant FL-700WR flash
- Olympus Introduces the OM-D E-M1X Professional Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Sony Introduces the World’s Toughest and Fastest SD Card
- Nikon Unveils New Z Series Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- Breathtaking “Love Letter to the Night Sky” Film Release Coincides with International Dark-Sky Week
- New Tokina FíRIN 20mm F2 FE AF
- ProGrade Digital Launches New Line of Professional-Quality Memory Cards and Readers
- Tiffen Introduces the Steadicam Air Gas Lift Activated Monopod
- Sony Develops a Back-Illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with Pixel-Parallel A/D Converter That Enables Global Shutter Function
- HP Optane memory can provide huge capacities, but could eliminate lost work too
- NAB 2019: Less is more with Resolve 16
- Blackmagic Editor Keyboard: A return to the linear editor’s mindset?
- Five more great things we took away from NAB 2019
- Warren Eagles interview: How do we deal with grading in an HDR world?
- The backlight technology on the Shogun 7 is a highly complex achievement
- Here’s some more beautiful slow motion footage from Blackmagic’s new URSA Mini Pro G2
- RedShark NAB 2019 awards: We award the most innovative and ground breaking products at this year’s NAB
- New Z Cam E2 cameras: 8K for a lot less than $8K
- There were some important developments in LED lighting at this year’s NAB Show