Welcome to the industry news section.
This section features the latest news feeds from the digital cinematography, television production, and related technology industries.
Andrew Gupta is in no way affiliated with any of the news feeds and/or web sites listed below, and does not endorse any of the content listed herein in any way. Rather, these feeds are a portion of the online industry news he reads with his first cup of coffee in the morning.
BROADCAST CABLE TECHNOLOGY
- Fox Names McGillicuddy President of Big Ten Net
- Telestream Opens New East Coast Headquarters
- CBS Selling Television City Studio Complex for $750M
- Epix to Premiere Punk Rock Docuseries ‘Punk’ March 11
- NBC Airs ‘Darci Lynne: My Hometown Christmas’ Dec. 11
- Starz Sets Premiere for ‘Sexy’ Comedy ‘Now Apocalypse’
- TBS Greenlights Paranormal Skateboard Series ‘Strange Times’
- Connection Is Key for Carolyn Mungo
- Nexstar-Tribune Merger: Déjà Vu All Over Again
- CBS Stations Go Direct-to-Consumer
- Sigma announces pricing and availability of its 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sport lens
- DxO PhotoLab 2.1 update brings file indexing feature to macOS, better search for Windows
- Kipon announces five ‘Elegant’ F2.4 prime lenses for Canon RF and Nikon Z mounts
- AirMap announces real-time geofencing alerts on Android, iOS for DJI drones
- GoPro moving production of U.S.-bound action cameras out of China, cites concerns over tariffs
- Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C sample gallery
- Video: What is DX encoding and how did it become an industry standard in the analog age?
- Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 R LM OIS WR sample gallery
- Sony removes a7/R III firmware version 2.0 from its website, says it’s ‘working on the issue’
- DPReview TV: the 2018 DPReview Awards
- Why Log? Part 2
- The Lens Dilemma
- Why Log? Part 1
- Metadata Tool To Uncover The Facts?
- Editing Blind?
- Reliable Data, Part 3
- Reliable Data, Part II
- New Digital Tools From Apple for Photographers, Filmmakers And Creatives
- Reliable Data, Part 1
- New York Shows Highlight New Audio, Video And VR-Related Products
- Film Supply’s Not So Secret Santa
- SIC PODCAST: EP 17 – FIRE GAG AND LIGHTING PRODUCT SHOTS
- Let’s Get Together Chicago SIC MEETUP Q & A with Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- SIC PODCAST: EP 16 – FILM CAREER ESSENTIALS
- Join us for great sessions, giveaways, raffle prizes and more!
- Your SIC Experience Leveled Up
- SIC PODCAST: EP 15 – LEADERSHIP & ATTITUDES IN THE INDUSTRY
- MIXING THE ART AND SCIENCE OF CINEMATOGRAPHY
- SIC Podcast Member Series: Ep. 2 Lindsay Taylor Jackson
- Budget Breakdowns – Tough Questions to Ask Yourself
- DJI Osmo Pocket Review & Hands-on – a TOOL for PROFESSIONALS?
- Aputure LS C300d vs C120d Review – The Bright Future of LED
- Best Mirrorless Cameras of 2018 – FUJIFILM X-T3 Overall Winner
- This Week’s Best Xmas Deals for Filmmakers – GH4, X-T2, RX100 III, DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and More
- SmallHD Firmware Update OS3.3 Released
- Red Giant Annual 40% Discount Sale – Only Hours Left
- This Hollywood Movie Was Shot Entirely on a Sony a7S II Mirrorless Camera
- Photokina 2019 Cancelled – Starting Annually in May 2020
- Kessler Lamprey – 200lbs. Universal Suction Mount
- Red Giant Releases Trapcode Suite 15, Now With Fluid Dynamics
- How to Raise Money to Make a Film with International Pre-Sales
- Download Screenplays for ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘First Reformed’ Now
- Watch: Ridley Scott Teaches Us How to Cover a Dialogue Scene
- Cops Called on Guys Playing ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’… and Decide to Join In
- Watch: Go BTS with the Transformers (and Humans) of ‘Bumblebee’
- What Is the Bechdel Test and How Will It Help Your Writing?
- Why the Bolex is the World’s Most Beloved Camera
- 5 Ways to Use Fog in Your Films like a Real Champion
- 10 Techniques That Will Turn You into a Rock Star in After Effects
- In ‘The Irishman’, Scorsese and De Niro Will Attempt to Turn Back Time
- From “The Music Bed”, a film & music magazine of exceptional beauty and it’s called… “Film + Music”!
- Video review & living with the Sony PXW-FS7
- EDIT! One month left to enter! The epic “My Rode Reel” film competition returns for 2015 and it’s bigger and better than ever!
- Rhyolite Ghost Town – flying and filming with the new Phantom P3
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Making a documentary about my dad
- Huge devastation in Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam hits
- The Wonder List: Behind The Shot first 6 BTS episodes
- My film “Koh Yao Noi” wins best travel/ landscape film at the 1st NYC Drone Film Festival. See all winners here!
DSLR VIDEO SHOOTER
- How to Make an Overhead Camera Rig for Video
- Taxes, Accounting and 15% Off the Corporate Video Guide
- Around The Studio #5: More Hacks and a New Channel?
- RodeLink Wireless Filmmakers Kit Review
- Around the Studio #4: GH4 Mod Update and Breaking Monopods!
- Managing Video Production Files
- Save 10% Off All Guides – Happy Saint Patrick’s!
- Lenses and Adapters I Use for Video Production
- My Video Compression Workflow (FCPX + Compressor)
- 3 Affordable Lenses for Video Under $80
- New devolo Magic Powerline offers speeds up to 2400 Mbps
- Hands-on with the Canon C200
- The best Christmas gift ideas for myself
- Fujifilm X-T3: hands-on review
- DaVinci Resolve is a few steps away from Range-based Keywording
- VSDC is a Free Video Editing Software for Beginners on a Budget
- Luminar 3 with Libraries photo editor is available for pre-order now
- Filmtools has 12 Deals of Christmas
- ART OF THE CUT WITH Oscar-nominated editor Juliette Welfling
- Genustech moves operations to the United States
- Procedural Destruction!
- New Tutorial & ORB Plug-in Now Available!
- ORB Release Date!
- New Plug-in Trailer: ORB!
- FX Console Updated to V1.0.3
- New Tutorial! Damage and Decay FX! No Plug-ins!
- Damage & Decay FX!
- Live Presentations and NAB Sale!
- New Tutorial: Cinematic Title Design: Fantasy FX!
- Cinematic Title Design: Fantasy FX
- Deal: Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art $849 (Reg $1199) today only
- Kipon first to announce third-party native RF mount lenses for the EOS R system
- Sigma Ships Its Most Anticipated Global Vision Lens of the Year – The Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens
- 5 axis IBIS coming to next Canon EOS R series camera [CR2]
- Canon to partner with GoPro in some capacity? [CR0]
- Kickstarter: New Startup Launches World’s First Titanium Tripod & Ballhead
- Skylum Software announces Luminar 3 with Libraries, coming December 18, preorder now
- Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon continues to outsell everyone in the full frame segment according to BCN
- We’ve added a dark theme to canonrumors.com
- Fuji Panasonic lovers rejoice: This is your first camera with organic sensor and this ight change everything?
- KIPON releases world-first full-frame lenses for new Nikon Z & Canon R mount cameras from third-party manufacturer
- DPReview TV: the 2018 DPReview Awards
- 10% off (with $100 cap) on all eBay gear today only!
- Fuji says the GFX-100s will have better noise level than their current 50MP medium format cameras
- Watch out Adobe: Luminar 3 with Libraries Pre-Order started and it has a new Library module!
- New Sigma Foveon sensor patent discloses dual pixel design
- Panasonic and Sony announcements at CES: What can we expect?
- Photokina 2019 has been canceled
- New CIPA results for October: Time to give up any hope in a possible recovery?
- Sony Introduces the World’s Toughest and Fastest SD Card
- Nikon Unveils New Z Series Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- Breathtaking “Love Letter to the Night Sky” Film Release Coincides with International Dark-Sky Week
- New Tokina FíRIN 20mm F2 FE AF
- ProGrade Digital Launches New Line of Professional-Quality Memory Cards and Readers
- Tiffen Introduces the Steadicam Air Gas Lift Activated Monopod
- Sony Develops a Back-Illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with Pixel-Parallel A/D Converter That Enables Global Shutter Function
- Autel Robotics Announced New Aircraft EVO at CES 2018 with 4k/60fps
- DJI Introduces Mavic Air For Limitless Exploration Wherever Adventure Takes You
- KODAK and WENN Digital Partner to Launch Major Blockchain Initiative and Cryptocurrency
- Channelling Christopher Nolan? Here are some great tips for shooting a dynamic WWII aerial sequence of your own.
- The Canon XF705 is a camcorder with the future in mind
- We’ve just had our six thousandth birthday!
- How to make a cinematic documentary about Manchester City
- Blackmagic Design demonstrates that crime doesn’t pay
- What can you really do with a 5.9K Canon C700 Full Frame? Brett Danton discovers that it’s a wildly capable camera
- Should you move to an all-SSD workflow? [sponsored]
- Streambox gets the Emmy nod
- The end of the Bayer sensor could be upon us
- If you think 8K broadcast is a long way off, It’s actually already here