Welcome to the industry news section.
This section features the latest news feeds from the digital cinematography, television production, and related technology industries.
Andrew Gupta is in no way affiliated with any of the news feeds and/or web sites listed below, and does not endorse any of the content listed herein in any way. Rather, these feeds are a portion of the online industry news he reads with his first cup of coffee in the morning.
BROADCAST CABLE TECHNOLOGY
- Fox Gives Women’s World Cup TV’s Biggest Promo Push
- AT&T Files ‘Bad Faith’ Retrans Complaint Against Nine Broadcasters
- Audible Sponsoring Lifetime Movies Based on Novels
- Report: CBS Readying Viacom Offer
- Pai: FCC Will Vote to ‘Update’ KidVid Rules
- Syndication Ratings: James Holzhauer Loss Leads to ‘Jeopardy!’ Win
- TruTV Orders Second Season of ‘Tacoma FD’
- Jay Howell Named GM at KCBS-KCAL
- Primetime Ratings: ABC Wins With Boisterous ‘Bachelorette’
- Red Giant Introduces: VFX Suite for Adobe After Effects
- Hasselblad launches X1D ll 50C with improved handling, faster responses and lower price
- Hasselblad updates CFV digital back for V-system film cameras, produces tiny 907X body
- Hasselblad’s first XCD zoom, the 35-75mm F3.5-4.5, finally arrives this October
- Olympus announces 2X teleconverter for 40-150mm F2.8 and 300mm F4 Pro lenses
- Firmware upgrade brings features from Olympus’s E-M1X to the E-M1 Mark II
- [UPDATED] Fujifilm GFX 100 added to studio test scene
- Lensbaby OMNI Creative Filter System uses ‘Effect Wands’ to create in-camera image effects
- Nikon’s president confirms a ‘D5’ mirrorless equivalent is in the works
- Datacolor announces two new SpyderX Tool Kits for an all-in-one color correction workflow
- Shooting with PolarPro’s six-pack ND filter set for the DJI Osmo Pocket
- More Editing Software To Consider
- Having Variety In Editing Software
- What’s Your Gear Backup Plan?
- Cine Gear Expo 2019: A Snapshot Of A Blurred Camera Market And Profession
- Cine Gear Expo 2019: Three New Noteworthy Products At Cine Gear Expo 2019
- Cine Gear Expo 2019: Reflections on Cine Gear Expo 2019
- Cine Gear Expo 2019: Sony Announces Firmware Updates And New Production Center
- Cine Gear Expo 2019: Image Gallery
- Cine Gear Expo 2019: Speaking With SKB Cases
- Cine Gear Expo 2019: Speaking About Angenieux Optimo Prime Cine Lenses
- SCREENWRITING: NAVIGATING PRODUCERS
- Free Music From Musicbed
- Let’s Get Together Chicago SIC MEETUP Q & A with Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Join us for great sessions, giveaways, raffle prizes and more!
- Cineo Special Sale
- 5DayDeal Bundle Launches Soon! (Seriously.)
- Win $30,000 Towards Your Short Film
- SIC Preview: SIC Podcast: Ep. 44 – Mastering Your Craft
- SIC Preview: DIT Series: DIT Cart
- Go the Distance with Teradek’s Bolt 10K
- Red Giant VFX Suite Released – 9 Tools for Killer VFX in After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Landing the Gig and Building a Career – Part 2
- FlowMotion ONE Smartphone Gimbal – Shipments Further Delayed
- Landing the Gig and Building a Career – Part 1
- 8Sinn Introduces a Panasonic S1 and S1R Cage
- DJI STORM – High Payload Aerial Platform by DJI Studio
- Sony a6400 Firmware 2.0 Enables Real-Time Animal Eye Autofocus
- BMPCC 4K Modification Adds Tilting Mechanism to Screen
- Edelkrone Ortak – 3D Print Your Filmmaking Gear
- Sony Releases Two New Super Telephoto Lenses – Sony FE 200-600mm and FE 600mm
- How to Win at Screenwriting Contests
- Explore The Adventure Genre in Film and TV
- How to Write, Direct, and Survive Your First Feature Film [Interview]
- How to Create an Epic War Scene with Dirt, a Tarp, and Some VFX Tricks
- 3 Ways to Use Conflict to Amp Up Your Script
- Try Not to Cry While Reading This Vintage ‘E.T.’ Review by Roger Ebert
- Red Giant Unveils Powerful VFX Toolkit for After Effects
- Read the ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ Script
- ADR 101: How to Do It Like the Pros Do It
- What Does Magic Sound Like? Exploring the Sound Design of ‘Harry Potter’
- From “The Music Bed”, a film & music magazine of exceptional beauty and it’s called… “Film + Music”!
- Video review & living with the Sony PXW-FS7
- EDIT! One month left to enter! The epic “My Rode Reel” film competition returns for 2015 and it’s bigger and better than ever!
- Rhyolite Ghost Town – flying and filming with the new Phantom P3
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Custom made 3DLuts ‘Deluts’ by James Miller
- Making a documentary about my dad
- Huge devastation in Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam hits
- The Wonder List: Behind The Shot first 6 BTS episodes
- My film “Koh Yao Noi” wins best travel/ landscape film at the 1st NYC Drone Film Festival. See all winners here!
DSLR VIDEO SHOOTER
- How to Make an Overhead Camera Rig for Video
- Taxes, Accounting and 15% Off the Corporate Video Guide
- Around The Studio #5: More Hacks and a New Channel?
- RodeLink Wireless Filmmakers Kit Review
- Around the Studio #4: GH4 Mod Update and Breaking Monopods!
- Managing Video Production Files
- Save 10% Off All Guides – Happy Saint Patrick’s!
- Lenses and Adapters I Use for Video Production
- My Video Compression Workflow (FCPX + Compressor)
- 3 Affordable Lenses for Video Under $80
- REVIEW: Red Giant VFX Suite
- Unboxing the tech of the new Mac Pro
- Hands-on: Nik Collection 2 with DxO’s PhotoLab 2.3 ESSENTIAL photo editor
- Geometry Growth
- After Effects Classic Course: Hue Saturation Tips
- A Special Offer from Syncly – Affordable Music and Customizable Tracks for Editors and Production Professionals
- LumaFusion 2.0 supports 12 tracks, markers and external monitor
- Bullies don’t own you
- Cine Gear: VISTA-M Lenses by T M Camera Solutions
- Cine Gear 2019: cMotion Cinefade VariND and Depth of Field
- Incredible Paris Opening Titles!
- Title Sequence for London Show!
- Bold Type Project!
- New Tutorial: CROSSFIRE! + Video Copilot LIVE! Europe Tour!
- Procedural Destruction!
- New Tutorial & ORB Plug-in Now Available!
- ORB Release Date!
- New Plug-in Trailer: ORB!
- FX Console Updated to V1.0.3
- New Tutorial! Damage and Decay FX! No Plug-ins!
- Adobe Reports Record Q2 Revenue
- Is the Canon EOS C500 Mark II finally coming in 2019? [CR1]
- Canon explains RF lens technology and why bigger is better (sometimes)
- Datacolor Launches SpyderX Tool Kits for Digital Photographers
- Restocked: Refurbished Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM $1679 (Reg $1899)
- The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II appears to be just around the corner, one could assume the PowerShot G7 X Mark III will soon follow
- Fujifilm thinks the Canon EF-M mount is the best in the business for ease of lens design
- Patent: Further breakdown of Canon’s upcoming IBIS technology
- What about that EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS from Canon?
- Latest sales data shows Canon maintains big market share lead in Japan for the year
- New Hasselblad X1DII 50C camera and XCD F3.5-4.5/35-75mm lens officially announced
- Hasselblad X1DII announcement soon…stay tuned!
- Olympus news day: E-m1II and E-m1X firmwar eupdatess and brand new 2x Teleconverter announced!
- New Japanese sales rankings show Canon and Sony on top
- Exclusive: First leaked image of the new Hasselblad X1D-X
- Photographer bag with lifetime warranty and quick accesss raised over $250,000 on Kickstarter in just on day
- Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II to be announced within a month
- HAssleblad launches a teaser for a new camera launch on June 19. X1DII 101MP camera finally coming?
- Fuji invents new scale to value the different mounts
- DJI announces this new Robomaster Camera
- Sony Introduces World’s Smallest & Lightest Premium Compact Camera- RX0 II
- Olympus Announces Weather-Resistant FL-700WR flash
- Olympus Introduces the OM-D E-M1X Professional Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Sony Introduces the World’s Toughest and Fastest SD Card
- Nikon Unveils New Z Series Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- Breathtaking “Love Letter to the Night Sky” Film Release Coincides with International Dark-Sky Week
- New Tokina FíRIN 20mm F2 FE AF
- ProGrade Digital Launches New Line of Professional-Quality Memory Cards and Readers
- Tiffen Introduces the Steadicam Air Gas Lift Activated Monopod
- Sony Develops a Back-Illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with Pixel-Parallel A/D Converter That Enables Global Shutter Function
- You will soon be able to order Samsung’s 292in LED display The Wall
- Sony updates its NX80 and Z90 cameras to simplify live streaming
- Showreels tell you nothing about how good a camera is [opinion]
- If you want to be more cinematic, you should shoot taller, not wider
- The real route to the ‘film look’ is by increasing production value [opinion]
- Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- LumaFusion 2.0 – mobile NLEs are now a serious business
- Seattle becomes the centre of the world for After Effects in July
- Here’s what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Five LED Lighting Solutions for Under $1000 [Sponsored]